Student Example Response

The piece I am responding to is the 7th student example. I am particularly drawn to this piece because I immediately relate it to having an inner and outer self. The use of pale or light colors gives it an angelic and light-hearted feel. From this, I would assume that this person is bubbly, social, and positive. When using this to inspire my art I would also like to use an open head composition but rather than splitting below the eyes I would do it above and include my brain. The background will be almost a hellscape with darker tones of brown, red, and black. By using these colors I hope to perceive darkness of the mind juxtaposed to the angelic clouds and background in the student example. This lead me to think of demons to replace what would've been her clones. I can use these demons to portray my insecurities in body image and mental health.

Comments

Popular Posts